Materials & Jewelry care
All MIUTTO curated jewelry selection works solely in precious metals, such as 925 sterling silver, 14k goldplating, 14k solid gold, 18k solid gold, 24k solid gold. All is nickel free. All items are treated with an anti tarnish layer, to help keep the silver from oxidising. This layer will fade with time, because of usage, contact with clothes, hard surfaces, hand sanitizer, sweat, perfume, hairspray, air pollution and others. Goldplating is made with 18ct. 2-3 micons. Due to the natural variation of individual body chemistry and its affect on plating wear, life-span expectancies of plating will vary. Please note that a fade of goldplating is therefore not considered a complaint. We will gladly have your piece(s) re-plated, for a symbolic price, depending on the size of the item.
All jewellery pieces have been certified in accordance with the Lithuanian Hallmarking Requirements.
Other precious and semi precious stones are all handpicked by our designers to ensure best quality and colour.
Common care procedures applying to household and wardrobe items also apply to jewelry. Periodic cleaning/polishing as well as storage will ensure a lifetime of enjoyment of your jewelry.
Some tips –
- Avoid direct contact with products like - soap, hans sanitizer, perfume, oils and moisturiser. So splash your favorite perfume on your skin, preferably on your clothes.
- Do not wash your 'dirty' hands wearing your rings.
- Leave your jewelry on your nightstand before your beauty sleep.
- Do not wear your jewelry when going for a dip in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering. In general avoid direct contact with water.
- Please know that chlorine, chemical products, abrasive products and detergents can all cause tarnishing and damage to your jewelry - so be smart before cleaning.
- Remove jewelry when doing your household tasks. Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible.
- Make-up, perfume and hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewelry. So add your jewelry as the final touch to your look.
- To be thorough gently wipe your jewelry clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils (from skin).
- Be gentle with opening/closing your earrings, especially hoop earrings.
- To avoid oxidation please obtain your valued items in a sealed plastic bag - silver is a living material and will as any other living material change with time.
- Goldplating is unfortunately not ever lasting - an also very individual - so please take care of your pieces.
- We’ll recommend silver clean, and a cloth to rinse your jewelry and to remove oxidation very easily.
- If your piece needs a replating - Don’t panic - We can easily help you for a small fee.